Thursday, April 15, 2010

My latest kick...


With our amazing orange tree in the backyard I've been making at least one smoothie every day for the last 2 months. I remembered a friend told me that if I put fresh spinach in my smoothie I wouldn't even be able to taste it but would get all the nutrients.... so I started putting fresh spinach in my smoothies... and then in my alfredo sauce... and my chicken salad... and scrambled eggs..... and I can't stop. You really can't taste it... you just can really see it because it turns everything green. I blend it in my fabulous Magic Bullet that I love and add it to whatever we are having for dinner. Mia thinks its fun that everything is green... but she's worried she's going to turn green so we always have to have some food that's another color to balance her out and keep her from turning green :) Above is my green smoothie and scrambled egg, ham, potato, spinach burrito. Of course we had to read "Green Eggs & Ham" for a bedtime story that night :) The things I do to get veggies into my child (and husband for that matter...haha).

4 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

Love it!

Lulu said...

that's a pretty clever idea. maybe i should try it sometime.

Christina said...

Looks yummy and tastes great . . . my favorite kind of healthy food!

Emily said...

That wrap looks really yummy. That's great Mia will eat green food...I turned things green for St. Patty's day and it took some convincing to get my kids to eat it. :)