Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


Here's the whole fam right before we went trick or treating. Norah is a little bear (her hood has ears). Mia's a kitty. Mia was a little timid trick or treating at first, but after a few houses she really caught the spirit. She was cutting across the grass and wanted to try every house regardless of whether the lights were on or not. After receiving a treat she'd say, "Thank you! Happy trick or treat!" Mia also wanted to stop and talk to the other kids we passed on the street. Then once we were done trick or treating and I was helping her put on her jammies, Mia heard the doorbell ring and yelled, "Come on in!! I want them to see my room mommy"

We have a whole trunk full of princess costumes that I thought for sure Mia would want to wear one of them for Halloween... but nope, she wanted to be a kitty. So I glued some black fabric to a headband, drew some whiskers on and put a black and pink belt on Mia backwards for a tail. I was pretty happy with the result... especially since it cost us nothing :)


The kitty had to try drinking milk :)
I wish I had taken a picture of our dinner that night too... we made jack o' lantern pancakes (dyed the batter orange and made faces out of chocolate chips).


This is Mia's pumpkin. Mia drew a face on it and John cut it out. I love it :)

Uncle David visited us this weekend and got to join in on the Halloween festivities which was fun!

7 comments:

Maile said...

Almost everything about Mia in this post reminds me so much of Kaia - picking a completely surprising costume, drawing faces on pumpkins, wanting the trick-or-treaters to come see her room! So cute!

Lulu said...

She's getting so big! I love the costume too!
Glad to hear you guys had a good Halloween!

Jess said...

What an adorable (free!) costume!

Merilee said...

What an adorable kitty cat! Too cute that she wanted to show the trick or treater her room.:)

Naomi said...

What a cute Kitty. Very creative Lisa! I'm impressed!

Emily said...

I love the picture of Mia drinking milk from the bowl!!! She makes a perfect little kitty. :)

Christina said...

So much cuteness!